Privacy and Notification of Data Collection Statement
Our organisation and obligations
Complete Real Estate Services is a leading entity providing the Real Estate Industry with a diverse range of services. We are bound by the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Complete Real Estate Services collects your personal information so that we can perform our various functions and activities. Complete Real Estate Services also collects your personal information if the law requires us to collect it.
- To access our services or for employment, Complete Real Estate Services may collect and hold information from you and your corporation such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account details and credit card details, date of birth and place of work.
- If Complete Real Estate Services does not collect all or some of your personal information, we may not be able to assist or provide you with a service e.g., deliver training, provide support, or employ you
- Complete Real Estate Services collects most of your personal information directly from you or the corporation you are associated with. As examples, you or the organisation provides us with your information by various methods such as in person, fill in a form, deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter, email, or text message, use our website or social media, give us your business card, or contact details at conferences, events, or meetings or by various other methods of engagement. Other data about you may be collected from public information such as websites, social media, ASIC or Government Departments e.g., Fair Trading’s Licence Check webpage
- Sensitive information is not collected unless you give the information to us and require us to know the information
Use of Data
We may use and disclose personal information we collect about you for several purposes including:
- To consider your request for a service
- To enable us to provide a service requested and tell you about other services that may interest you
- For employment processes
- Direct marketing
- To manage systems and perform other administrative and operational tasks, including staff training, collecting debts, market or customer satisfaction research related to our functions and activities
- To consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Complete Real Estate Services and/or manage any legal action between you and Complete Real Estate Services
- To prevent or investigate and actual or suspected fraud, unlawful activity, or misconduct; and
- As required by relevant laws, regulations, and codes of practice
Complete Real Estate Services may need to disclose your information to a third party as relevant to a service or product, function, or activity that Complete Real Estate Services performs. Third parties may include but are not limited to: Independent Contractors; Licensees performing functions; Solicitors; Others as authorised by you e.g., Workcover, Insurers, Superannuation Companies, to contact your employment references, Trainers presenting at our events; Debt collectors as required by a legal order or by law e.g., Australian Tax Office.
We need your consent before we can use or disclose your information in our marketing. Likewise, we need your consent if we need to use your information for a purpose that is not related to the purpose for which we collected your information in the first place. Depending on the circumstances this consent may be express (for example you agree to giving us
consent to use specific information by the ticking of a box) or implied by some action you take or do not take (for example your agreement is implied by the fact that you have agreed to our terms and conditions which contains informati9on about the use of disclosure).
Access, correction, and complaints
How do I request correction of my information?
If you believe that the personal information Real Estate Dynamics holds is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date, you should contact Real Estate Dynamics in writing and provide the correct details.
Mail: PO Box 8990, GCMC QLD 9726
Complete Real Estate Services will promptly update any personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
If Complete Real Estate Services do not agree that your information is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, Complete Real Estate Services will write to you and tell you the reason(s) why Complete Real Estate Services does not agree with you. Complete Real Estate Services will also tell you what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
How do I access my personal information?
Subject to some exceptions, you can find out what personal information Complete Real Estate Services holds about you.
You should contact Complete Real Estate Services in writing if you wish to find out about the personal information Complete Real Estate Services holds about you. Complete Real Estate Services will need to verify your identity before giving you access.
Complete Real Estate Services will normally be able to deal with your request immediately. If the request is complex, we can usually deal with such a request within 14 business days.
Complete Real Estate Services will usually provide access to your information at our office to protect the confidentiality and security of your information. However, you may elect to receive your information by registered mail or courier, where practicable. Fees for these services are charged to you at the cost of your selected service.
In certain circumstances, Complete Real Estate Services may not be able to tell you what personal information is held about you. In these circumstances, Complete Real Estate
Services will write to you to explain why we cannot provide you with the information and attempt to find alternative means to enable you to access your information.
Resolving Your concerns
You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or that Complete Real Estate Services has breached the Privacy Act, or the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you have a privacy complaint, you can contact the Complete Real Estate Services Privacy Officer. Formal complaints are to be in writing. The Privacy Officer’s contact details are:
Mail: PO Box 8990, GCMC QLD 9726
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may also contact a Director of Complete Real Estate Services at the above address, who will review the determination of the Privacy Officer.
Making a complaint
If you believe that Complete Real Estate Services have interfered with your privacy in the handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint in writing to any of the addresses in the preceding paragraph. Complete Real Estate Services will respond to your complaint within two business days to inform you of the identity of our staff member who will manage your complaint. Complete Real Estate Services will try to resolve your complaint within 10 business days of its receipt however, when this is not possible Complete Real Estate Services will contact you within such time period to provide an alternative estimate of time.
Complete Real Estate Services will investigate your complaint and will decide about your complaint and write to you to advise of our decision.
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint or with the way that Complete Real Estate Services has handled your complaint, you may be able to refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.